HOW TO HELP YOURSELF AND OTHERS
MANAGE ANGER SUCCESSFULLY
A one-day workshop with Renée van der Vloodt
SATURDAY 23rd september 9.30AM – 4.30PM
REGENT'S COLLEGE, LONDON
The BBC called 2016 ‘The Year of Anger’. In our turbulent, modern lives, displays of anger and aggressive behaviour are on the increase – but do you know how to identify the real causes of much excessive anger and how to deal with it? Most people don't – including many professionals.
This practical workshop is for health professionals, teachers, line managers, and anyone interested in truly comprehending and learning to deal with this most misunderstood of our human emotions.
This workshop will give you:
Up-to-date insights and understanding
- New insights into the real causes of (excessive) anger that often go unnoticed — even by health care professionals
- Understanding of the upside of anger
- Ways to identify the patterns of angry behaviour and an insight into the different and often hidden ways anger disorders manifest themselves including subversive behaviour
- The latest scientific understanding of how anger is generated and how chronic anger affects physical and emotional health
Practical tools and strategies
- How to identify the cause of your own anger — and what you can do to take charge and restore balance
- An effective and comprehensive toolbox of skills and strategies to manage anger successfully – and long-term – including ways to calm down using mind and body - to recognise the physiological markers, improve communications skills, challenge unhelpful assumptions
- Embodied exercises to diffuse anger and to create space between the emotion and the response – the space which offers freedom to choose
- Exercises to transform your inner critic into an inner ally
- The most powerful therapeutic method for neutralising certain types of anger
- A comprehensive framework to improve resilience by creating a balanced life
- How to help even the most profoundly angry child – and achieve results that last
BOOK YOUR PLACE TODAY
9.30am - 4.30pm, Saturday 23rd September Regent’s College, London
Early Bird Price: £125.00 (Book BEFORE 1st August)
Standard Price: £150.00
Special Price for NCH Members: £125.00
Contact Carole Samuda if you would like to book over the phone or have questions: firstname.lastname@example.org // 01420 543365
Over the last 35 years I have worked as an educator, coach, therapist and trainer. I have also brought stress management to schools and the workplace – and have trained other therapists and coaching professionals, both in the UK and abroad.
My practice is informed by the latest scientific understanding of how mind-body-emotions interact. I am a Human Givens practitioner (PSA accredited), Fellow of the HGI, and taught the Human Givens Diploma. I have trained with Dr Michael Yapko, done online CPD via the NIACBM in the US and am currently enrolled in the Mindful Self-Compassion Teacher Training course.
My special interest is in the creative mind and hands-on learners, having started life as an art historian and working for BBC TV.